Prison Cells of Belorusskaya Station

Address: 7 Tverskaya Zastava Square (in 1932–1990 Belorusskaya Station Square), Moscow

Belorusskaya station in Moscow, 1948–1950. Photo: PastVu

Belorusskaya Station in Moscow, 1948–1950. Photo: PastVu

The prison cells of the OGPU-NKVD-MGB were supposedly located in the basement of Belorusskaya Station. They were used primarily for short-term imprisonments, but according to available sources, remand prisoners were also kept there for several months.