Kozhukhovskii Concentration Camp
The Kozhukhovskii Concentration Camp was opened in January 1920. The camp was built during the First World War and was originally designed for prisoners of war.
The exact location of the camp, which was administered by the NKVD's Main Directorate of Forced Labor, has still not been confirmed. Some documents refer to the territory of the Simonov Monastery near the Kozhukhovo station.
The camp's capacity was about 240 people. Criminals, Polish prisoners, and political prisoners (former officers from the South and Siberia) were imprisoned here. The prisoners were required to do forced labor outside the camp area.
In July 1920, the camp was partially emptied: POW officers, many of whom were considered dangerous, were transferred to other sites of imprisonment. The camp was likely closed in January or February 1922.