Labor nurturing institution “Novaya Zhizn”
Address: 10, Pushkina Street (previously – Lopasnya railway station, Skurygino village, former Vasilchikova’s estate), the town of Chekhov, Moscow region.
The orphanage Labor nurturing institution Novaya Zhizn (New Life) named after Felix Dzerzhinsky was opened in 1927 on the premises of the estate that previously belonged to Vasilchikova, a noblewoman and lady-in-waiting. The pupils were adolescent female delinquents. During their stay in the Institution they worked in the workshops and were occupied with agricultural activities. According to the statistics, from December 1927 to June 1939, the Institution was visited by 462 girls.
Today this location is occupied by its direct successor – an educational institution for children and adolescents with deviant behavior also called Novaya Zhizn (New Life).