Narkomfin Children's Colony / Labor commune Unified State Political Department №2 named after Dzerzhinsky
Address: Nikolo-Ugreshskii Monastery, 1 Svyatitelya Nikolaya Square, Dzerzhinsky, Moscow Region
The labor commune Unified State Political Department №2 named after Dzerzhinsky was established in August 1927 in the former Nikolo-Ugreshskii Monastery near the station Lyubertsy. No children were brought there on political charges or for felonies. They arrived at the colony in different ways: from children's homes, from prisons, and camps. Sometimes they came by themselves (or their relatives brought them to the colony) to obtain an education and a profession. Teachers managed to create a village consisting of factories, schools, homes, clubs, and stadiums in the former monastery buildings.
G.G. Yagoda was worshiped in the colony, and after his execution, it was shut down in 1938.