Children of the State
Address: Podsolnechnaya Station, Moscow Region
Several forced labor schools for homeless children were established in the vicinity of Podsolnechnaya Station in 1919–1927, including the following places: forced labor camps “Proletarskaya Sila” ("Proletarian Power"), “Yunyi trud” ("Young Labor"), “Krasnyi Oktyabr” ("Red October"), an orphanage for handicapped children, children's forced labor camp № 83 named after Turgenev, labor commune № 5 named after Clara Zetkin, labor commune № 1 named in honor of May 1st, and forced labor camp № 7 (all of them were opened in 1924). There was also a forced labor camp for preschoolers named after L. D. Trotsky in Timonovo. All schools and camps were under the jurisdiction of the Moscow Department of Education (MONO) in 1922–1923.