Mosoblispolkom’s Committee for Improving Worker-Peasants’ and Red-Army Representatives’ Children’s Lives
Address: 9 Gazetnyi Lane (in 1920-1994: Ogareva Street), Moscow
Mosoblispolkom’s Detkomissiya (Children’s Committee) was founded in 1929 and it existed until 1938. Like all regional departments, it was subordinate to the Children’s Committee of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee.
The Children’s Committee of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee was founded in 1921 by Vladimir Lenin, Anatolii Lunacharsky, and Felix Dzerzhinsky. Its main task was to help homeless children. Furthermore, the Central Children’s Committee was supposed to coordinate all its subsections, which worked to help street children.