Orphanage named after the Communist International / Rosa Luxemburg
Address: 2 1st Rizhkii Lane (previously - 3rd Luchevoi Prosek), Moscow
The orphanage named after Rosa Luxemburg was founded after the revolution, no later than in 1924. It was located in the Bakhrushinyi house in Sokolniki. The territory consisted of a three-story brick apartment building, a church, and six single-story houses with terraces, where the pupils lived.
After the Spanish Civil War, the Rosa Luxemburg Orphanage was transformed into an orphanage of the Communist International for Spanish children. During the late Soviet period and before the fire in 2012, which seriously damaged the building, the publishing house “Mir” (meaning both “World” and “Peace”) was located in it.