Address: Castle of “Mayendorf” (Podushkino), Podushkinskoye Highway, Village of Barvikha, Odintsovo region, Moscow region
The “Mayendorf” Colony was established on the former estate of Baroness Mayendorf, which had been built at the end of the 19th century. The colony is mentioned in the list of children’s school-colonies in the Moscow region administered by the Moscow Department of National Education (MONO). It was mentioned in 1928 at the very latest. The orphanage existed until 1935. After its abolishment, the famous sanatorium “Barvikha” was opened in its place. It belonged to the Council of Ministers of the Soviet Union.