Counseling Center of the “Drug Detei” Society
Address: 3 Rakhmanovskii Lane, Moscow
The “Drug detei” (“Friend of Children”) Society was founded in 1924 within the Detkomissiya (Children’s Committee) of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee. Later, in the 1930s, the All-Russian “Drug detei” Society was founded on the initiative of N. Krupskoi. It administered all the regional departments.
In the 1920s, the society’s main focus was on alleviating the plight of homeless children. In the 1930s, the focus shifted to public education, educational work in schools, and the organization of kindergartens and nurseries.