Internal Prison of Lubyanka
Address: 2 Bolshaya Lubyanka, Moscow
During the years 1920-1961, the internal prison was located in the courtyard of the former hotel of the insurance company Rossiia, located in house no. 2 on Bolshaya Lubyanka Street. Particularly important remand prisoners were incarcerated there. In 1941, the prison’s capacity was 570 people. Among the inmates of the vnutryanka, as the internal prison was called, were Nikolai Bukharin, Osip Mandelstam, and Alexander Solzhenitsyn.