Address: Former summer estate of Lyamin, Village of Cherkizovo, Moscow
The summer house of Lyamin can be seen in the photograph. It was one of the buildings in Cherkizovo where the orphanage was located in the 1920s.
The orphanage was opened on the nationalized estates in 1921. Around 100 homeless children from Moscow lived there. In 1937, the emphasis of the orphanage changed, and it started to accommodate Spanish orphans. At the beginning of the Second World War, the children were evacuated to Tatarstan.
After the Civil War, the orphanage once again housed Spanish orphans. In 1944, the Molotovskii Spanish Orphanage was removed from the Kirovskii district to Cherkizovskii.