School named after Doctor Gaaz / All-Russian Central Executive Committee School No. 24
Address: 22 Olenii Val, Moscow
Since 1914, the orphanage named after Doctor Gaaz was located at this address. It was the adolescent department of the Moscow Labor House and the House of Industry. After 1917, the orphanage became a school. By 1929, it was no longer named in honor of Doctor Gaaz, but after the All-Russian Central Executive Committee.
The orphanage specialized in "demanding" children. The orphanage was located at this address until at least the mid-1930s.
Church and Factory
The Church of John the Baptist was located on the territory of the orphanage. Starting in January 1919, the Soviet regime attempted to close the church, but local residents and employees of the workhouse and Gaaz orphanage resisted thе aim. They collected 800 signatures to protect the church, and it remained open until 1923. Since the 1950s, an electromechanical factory was located on the territory of the orphanage. Nowadays, the workhouse building is in poor condition and the former orphanage stands empty.