Orphanage “Molodaya gvardiya”
Address: Berezovaya Alley, Village of Izvarino, Vnukovo Station, Moscow region
The orphanage was opened in October 1919 on Vladimir Lenin's orders. His wife Nadezhda Krupskaya was personally in charge of the orphanage, which was soon named Molodaya gvardiya (Young Guard). It had a special focus on music and art education.
The orphanage not only remains in the same place, but it still bears the original name as well. This is very unusual in Moscow. A village has formed around the orphanage, though little remains of the original estate. A new building for the orphanage was built in the 1980s.