Orphanage No. 3 Mosgorono / Barybinskii Orphanage
Address: 3 Sadovaya Street, Raduzhnaya area in the village of Bolshoe Alekseevskoe, Stupinskii district, Moscow region
The orphanage was opened in 1934. It was located on the site of the former colony for prisoners of the Lefortovskii Isolator. The orphanage was very crowded. In November 1934, the orphanage received more than 600 children from the Danilovskii Shelter. The children were aged 9 to 16 years old.
The orphanage was in many respects self-sufficient. The children worked in the courtyard and vegetable patch, as well as in the sewing, shoemaking, and carpentry workshops of the commune. During the Second World War, the orphanage was evacuated to the Chelyabinsk region. Children were directed to study and work in factory apprenticeship schools. An orphanage for preschoolers was created within the Barybinskii Orphanage in 1948.