1st Pioneer House on Krasnaya Presnya / 1st International Pioneer House for Orphan Children / Pioneer House No. 17
Address: 4/6 Bolshaya Gruzinskaya Street, Moscow
The orphanage was established on Bolshaya Gruzinskaya Street in 1925. From 1926 onward, it was called the 1st Pioneer House. In 1944, the Pioneer House was evacuated, and in 1945 it was closed. Moscow College was opened in the same building.
The pioneer house was primarily designed for children, whose parents worked in the international communist movement in foreign countries. The orphanage also received ordinary orphans from Moscow and other cities.
Meetings with artists and writers were organized for the children by the Meyerhold Theater.