Agricultural Labor Colony / Colony No. 100 / Ostrovskaya School-Colony
Address: Ostrovskaya Station, Sushkino, former estate of Golitsyn (the estate of Bolshie Viazemy), Moscow region
The agricultural labor colony is mentioned in the list of school-colonies of the Moscow region that were administered by MONO (Moscow Department of National Education), no later than in 1928. Originally, Peter the Great had granted the estate to Prince Vasily Golitsyn in 1694. During the Soviet era, more than a dozen institutions were located here one after another: a shelter for street children; a school for parachutists; a a tank school; institutions providing care for horses, and printing and plant pathology.