Orphanage “Molodoi rabochii” / Papanin Orphanage
Adress: Chekhova Street (between current house no. 8 and 20, where a communications center is now located, and School No. 8), Pushkino district, Moscow region
The orphanage known as Molodoi rabochii (Young Worker) was opened at the beginning of the 1920s. It remained in the same place until the 1930s. It belonged to the Pushkin Children’s Community Village.
In 1935, according to an inspection report issued by the Moscow Regional Detkomissiya, the orphanage building needed renovation. There was a shortage of windows and doors, the stairs did not have railings, and the separation walls were in poor condition.
On October 18, 1941, all residents (130 children) were evacuated from the orphanage.