Mixed Orphanage No. 1 for Blind Children / Moscow Institute for Blind Children
Address: Moscow, Prospekt Mira 13 (earlier - 1st Meshchanskaya Street 11)
The Moscow Educational Institute for Blind Children was located on Prospekt Mira Street since November 1912. After the Bolshevik Revolution, it was renamed Orphanage No. 1 for Blind Children. Here children were provided with basic education. In 1927, it was transformed into the Moscow Institute for Blind Children. In 1948, the institute became a general academic boarding school for blind children. It remained open until 1954.