Address: Moscow, Krasnopresnenskaya region, Khodynskoe pole
The Khodynskaya Hospital was built during the First World War. At that time, it served as a barrack hospital, which was suitable for 1,000 patients, especially soldiers with typhus. Later, the hospital housed infected patients who had been evacuated from Moscow's concentration camps. The Khodynskaya Hospital was administered by the NKVD's Main Directorate of Prisons.
In 1924, the hospital was ceded to Moszdravotdel and renamed as the Oktyabrskaya Hospital, which began to care for chronically and terminally ill patients. In 1929, it merged with the Botkin Hospital.