Address: 15 (previously — 39) Presnenskii (previously — Presnenskii
Bretskaya Hospital (Bretskaya Central Concentration Hospital, Central Camp Hospital, Bretskaya Concentration Hospital, Bretskaya Hospital for Prisoners of War) was opened in the spring or autumn of 1919 on the outskirts of Moscow. It was originally designed for typhus patients.
The hospital was opened due to a typhus epidemic in Moscow. Several hospitals for typhus patients were opened in 1919. Some of them like Bretskaya and Khodynskaya were intended to receive infected patients from Moscow prisons and concentration camps. Bretskaya Hospital was administered by Moszdravotdel (Moscow Health Department) and the NKVD Main Directorate of Forced Labor.