Address: 12 Novopeschanaia Street, Moscow
From 1918 to 1920, the Bolsheviks conducted mass executions in the Bratskoe Cemetery, which was founded in 1915 in honor of the heroes of the First World War. In the summer of 1918, before the official declaration of the Red Terror, several groups of officers who were members of the underground organization known as the “People’s Alliance for the Defense of the Homeland and Freedom” were executed in the cemetery and its surroundings. In 1924, the cemetery was closed for burials. Reliable statistics about the executions do not exist. Today, this site is an open memorial park complex dedicated to the heroes of the First World War. However, there is no mention of the victims of Soviet terror.